Product Lifecycle support for Microsoft’s Exchange Server 2007 email will end in April 2017, have you prepared for this?
Existing email servers will continue to work past this date initially, but will receive no further patching from Microsoft, leaving your systems vulnerable to viruses, malware and instability. Each version of Microsoft Exchange is predicted to last for approximately 10 years, with the 2016 edition lasting until 2025.
Exchange 2007 was included as part of Microsoft Small Business Server 2008 (SBS 2008) for which mainstream support also ended last year. With the challenges of ensuring systems are secure, upgrading from SBS 2008 sooner rather than later will be the order of the day for many businesses.
Unfortunately, upgrading old copies of Exchange Server 2007 to Microsoft’s latest version of Exchange Server 2016 may be more challenging than many organisations will expect, as a direct migration is not available.
Our recommended solution is to abandon your on-site Exchange Server entirely and migrate to Vantage Hosted Exchange instead. This subscription based plan provides all the benefits of the latest version of Exchange combined with tailor made services for optimum efficiency, security and performance:
- Vantage IT will host all your emails and shared email folders in our UK based datacentre, allowing you to access them on your own PCs, laptops and mobile devices. You can view your emails with Outlook, an internet browser or mobile email application.
- Our Hosted Exchange email service is fully managed and supported by us, taking the pressure off you.
- Unlike other services online, your emails will be backed up daily, further protecting your business.
- 25GB Mailboxes are enabled for each user.
- Our robust Anti-Spam service is included.
As an experienced Microsoft Solutions Provider, Vantage IT can offer consultancy services for upgrade and migration planning.
Please get in touch to find out how easy and cost effective it can be to move your email to the cloud with Vantage IT.