Current Positions Available
Technical Support Consultant
Vantage IT has an exciting and challenging role for a Technical Support Consultant/IT Support Consultant. This is a fantastic opportunity to help us grow our support department. This stimulating role involves building the position as the company grows and so offers excellent career progression.
Training will be provided where necessary, both in-house and via external courses.
You will be our customers’ first point of contact for support and thus form an integral and very important part of the team. Your ability to quickly diagnose reported issues is central to maintaining our high level of service.
It is a varied and exciting role that covers many aspects of IT service provision in addition to supporting the customer. The setup and installation of systems, plus maintaining and monitoring clients’ infrastructure are also important elements of the position.
- Dealing with technical support requests via phone, email and face-to-face at customers’ premises
- Logging tickets and escalating them when required
- Troubleshooting IT related issues and communicating progress with the customer
- Installing equipment on site, such as PCs and peripherals
- Experience in a 1st or 2nd line support role
- Windows Server – Active Directory, Group Policy, shared folders, permissions
- Networking – IPv4, switches, firewalls
- Windows client – installing and imaging, joining to domain and network, user profiles
- Printers – basic configuration, scan to folder, networking, deploying
- Computer hardware – building and upgrading PCs and servers
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016 administration
The ideal candidate will be conscientious, methodical and work with an attention to detail: all these qualities are very important aspects of the role. You must be smart and presentable, a non-smoker and have a full, clean UK driving licence.
Our customers are almost all within an hour’s drive of our offices and the ideal candidate should live relatively locally, as customer visits are required.
The company is friendly and professional and we reward loyalty and hard work.
Salary is generous and dependent on experience.
If you would like to further your career with a managed service provider, please submit your CV by email to email@example.com, write or telephone.
We look forward to hearing from you.