Current Positions Available
Second Line IT Support Engineer
Are you looking for a great opportunity in an IT support role that offers so much more?
Vantage IT has an exciting and challenging role for an IT Support Engineer/Technical Support Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity to help us grow our support department. This stimulating role involves building the position as the company grows and so offers excellent career progression.
You will be our customers’ first point of contact for support and thus form an integral and very important part of the team. Your ability to quickly diagnose reported issues is central to maintaining our high level of service.
It is a varied and exciting role that covers many aspects of IT service provision in addition to supporting the client. The setup and installation of systems, plus maintaining and monitoring clients’ infrastructure are also important elements of the position.
Training will be provided where necessary, both in-house and via external courses.
You will be used to providing a high quality service and, as such, you’ll fit right in.
What you’ll be able to bring to the business:
- Experience in a similar second line support role
- Knowledge of and experience in:
- Windows clients – installing and imaging, joining to domain and network, user profiles
- Windows Server – Active Directory, Group Policy, shared folders, NTFS permissions
- Networking – IPv4, switches
- Microsoft 365
- Anti-virus and firewall experience an advantage
- Exchange administration would be beneficial
- Printers – basic configuration, scan to folder, networking, deploying
- A conscientious and methodical approach to your work
- Work with an attention to detail
- The ability to manage your time and record it in our ticketing system
- A smart and presentable image and a non-smoker
The right candidate will benefit from:
- A generous salary
- 28 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- An extra day’s holiday for each year’s service up to five years/five extra days
- Long service awards
- Friendly and professional atmosphere
- Loyalty and hard work rewarded
- Pleasant environment
- Private parking
If you would like to further your career with a leading managed service provider, please submit your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write or telephone.
We look forward to hearing from you.