As PDFs are one of the most common file types used in business, you may often wonder if there is a way to not only edit them, but also convert them into other file formats such as a Microsoft Word Document.
Fortunately, there are solutions available that do this and much more. We recommend PhantomPDF by Foxit as it is feature-rich and represents excellent value for money.
One other great feature is that you can grant and revoke access to a PDF using encryption and password protection. This is invaluable to many organisations that need to send sensitive data electronically.
PDF Editing – Perform all your document updates in PDF
Documents evolve over time and are often edited with different applications. With PhantomPDF, once it’s converted into PDF you can edit it as a PDF.
- Paragraph edit and have text flow across multiple paragraphs, columns, and pages
- Change the document layout by moving text boxes, altering sizes, or adjust text
- Make your documents more professional by adding stamps, watermarks, headers, footers, bates number, etc
Protect and Sign – Encrypt, redact, and sign PDFs
Many documents contain confidential information. Protect this information by protecting the documents themselves. PhantomPDF provides multiple security options.
- ConnectedPDF Powered – grant and revoke document access
- Extend usage control of Microsoft Rights Management Services to PDF documents
- Permanently remove (redact) visible text and images from PDFs to protect sensitive information
Organise – Manipulate PDF files and pages
We often create new documents from pages of existing documents. PhantomPDF allows you to quickly organise and manipulate your PDF to support your workflows.
- Merge PDF documents together or split a PDF into multiple files
- Drag and drop pages within a document or from one document to another
- Crop, delete, add, swap, flatten and rotate PDF pages
Collaborate and Share – Annotate and cooperate with PDFs
When teams collaborate and share information, they work at their best. PhantomPDF links knowledge workers together to increase flexibility and results.
- Integrate with leading content management systems
- Utilise popular storage sharing products
- Initiate shared reviews and provide and manage comments
PDF Creator – Create PDF docs, forms, and portfolios
The connected world shares documents in the PDF format. PhantomPDF allows you to create PDF from all file formats.
- Create PDF, PDF/A, PDF/X, and PDF/E from Microsoft Office and virtually any file format
- Create PDF Portfolios to tie multiple files together and PDF Forms to collect data
- Convert webpages to PDF from Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers
Convert PDF – Share Information on PDF with other file formats
Many workflows require information within PDF documents be shared in other file formats. PhantomPDF can export a PDF into popular file formats.
- Convert PDF to Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Convert PDF to image formats such as JPEG and PNG
- Convert PDF to HTML and text
Scan and OCR – Scan to PDF, OCR PDF and edit scanned PDFs
PhantomPDF provides capabilities to support your paperless office workflows.
- Works with your scanner to scan and convert to PDF. Will convert existing scans (i.e. images) to PDF
- OCR option to make text editable, which is really valuable when updating documents when you only have the hardcopy
ConnectedPDF – Next generation PDF for the connected world
PhantomPDF includes ConnectedPDF technology that powers cloud-based services for PDFs. Services include:
- ConnectedPDF Security – grant and revoke document access
- ConnectedPDF Document Management – Track to see who opens your document and what they do, then notify readers of new updates
- ConnectedPDF Collaboration – Elevate your teamwork with connected reviews or send requests to others to get a file
Please contact Vantage IT for more information about working with PDFs or for a quotation.